7th Conference of the Postgraduate and Early Professionals/Academics Network of the Society of International Economic Law (PEPA/SIEL) 2018
Nicosia, Cyprus, 13-14 April 2018
The 7th Conference of the Postgraduate and Early Professionals/ Academics Network of the Society of International Economic Law (PEPA/SIEL) organised by PEPA/SIEL in collaboration with the Law School of the European University of Cyprus, will take place on 13 - 14 April 2018 in Nicosia, Cyprus.
This conference constitutes a unique and established platform which grants early academics (students enrolled in Master or Ph.D. programmes) and early professionals/academics (generally within five years of graduating) studying or working in the field of IEL, the opportunity to demonstrate and receive valuable feedback on their ideas and research about broader issues relating to International Economic Law (IEL). SIEL’s Postgraduate and Early Professionals/Academics Network (PEPA/SIEL) aims to, inter alia, foster collaboration and mentoring opportunities for emerging academics and professionals, by granting to the latter the opportunity to not only present and discuss their research in a supportive and welcoming environment, but most importantly the opportunity to receive fruitful feedback from experienced academics and professionals as well as experts in the field.
The organisers invite submissions on any IEL topic including, but not limited to:
- Law and practice in international economic governance and international organizations;
- International trade, investment, competition, monetary and financial law;
- The interaction of IEL branches with other branches of law governing intellectual property, human rights, environment, sustainable development, food safety;
- Bilateral and regional economic integration and the multilateral trading system;
- Comparative economic law, focusing on how international economic law interacts with laws, institutions and actors at the domestic level;
- International economics, philosophy, sociology, politics.
- International developments and economic law, which may inter alia, refer to Brexit, the OECD-led tax Initiatives international financial regulation, cryptocurrencies and monetary affairs.
Submissions should include a CV (no more than 2 pages) and a research abstract (no more than 400 words) and be sent no later than 3 November 2017 to email@example.com. Papers will be selected based on a double-blind review conducted by a senior practitioner or academic and a conference organizer so kindly ensure that your CV will be in a separate file and your abstract will not entail personal details.
Decisions regarding the symposium program will be made no later than November 30, 2017. Selected applicants will be expected to submit their complete paper (not exceeding 5.000 words) by February 28th, 2018.
General inquiries regarding the conference should be directed to the email address above.
A limited number of scholarships to cover travel/accommodation expenses for applicants from developing countries facing financial hardship, is available by the Developing Country Participant Fund. Applicants for such a waiver are kindly invited to add a short letter of no more than 3 paragraphs to their conference application, stating the reason for the scholarship.
Conference Co-Chairs: Freya Baetens, José Caiado, Konstantinos Tsimaras and Venetia Argyropoulou.
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Call for Papers: 7th Conference of the Postgraduate and Early Professionals/Academics Network of SIEL
Society of International Economic Law, to be held April 13-14, 2018, in Nicosia. Here's the call: